Enterprise Project Management (EPM) is a methodology that combines standardized project management processes and supporting tools to better meet an organizationís project or program management goals. Microsoft Office Project Server 2007, together with its SharePoint technology, are some of the best EPM supporting tools available.
Enterprise Project Management Using Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 presents an effective EPM methodology that uniquely combines the use of these processes and supporting tools. It takes users step-by-step through each stage of an EPM solution implementation. Based on the authorís extensive experience, it provides the principles, processes, best practices, and detailed instruction needed to define, implement, and deploy an EPM solution in your organization using Office Project Server 2007 and other EPM supporting tools.
Greater visibility, insight, and control across all projects and programs, enhanced decision-making, improved alignment with business strategies, better communication, optimal resource utilization and increased opertional efficiency are among the many benefits of implementing an EPM solution. However, implementing an EPM solution that combines project management methodology and supporting tools to enable all project stakeholders in your organization to perform the defined processes effectively is not a simple task unless there is detailed instruction and guidance based on practical experience. This is the first book to provide instruction on how to implement an EPM solution in an organization based on the Project Management Instituteís standardized processes and how to configure the supporting tools from Microsoft products and solutions. PMO professionals, business analysts, program and project managers, project teams and stakeholders will find this unique manual invaluable.
- Illustrates how to implement an EPM solution to better meet an organizationís project or program management goals based on PMIís proven project management methods using Microsoftís Project Server 2007, Project Professional, SharePoint Technology and other familiar Microsoft products
- Describes the stages of an EPM implementation and explains how to carry out the tasks needed to achieve the objectives of each stage
- Establishes a technological foundation for development, testing, training, and deployment of an EPM solution, and sets the requirements and goals for the EPM implementation
- Helps align the project management processes with your organizationís goals and defines the procedures and tools required to support these processes
- Includes numerous examples that demonstrate how to configure the EPM system to support your implementation and a pilot testing stage where your solution can be examined for several months before organization-wide deployment
Hagit Landman, PMP, is a program management consultant with more than 17 years of experience in multi-disciplinary projects, has defined and implemented EPM solutions in several large IT companies and has extensive successful experience at implementing EPM solutions using Microsoft software products. Ms. Landman is an active member of the Project Management Institute and an elected officer of PMIís Israel Chapter Board of Directors. She has also participated in writing items for both the Program Management Professional (PgMP) and the Certificate Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification exams administered by PMI. She has an MBA and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering and Management.